- February 2023 — We are grateful to the Research Corporation for Scientific Advancement for a Scialog Negative Emissions Science Award — we look forward to uncovering new science in collaboration with the Holewinski Group at U Colorado Boulder. We congratulate our coworker, Madison Huynh, for receiving the Quad Undergraduate Research Scholar Grant.
- December 2022 — We congratulate our coworker, Špela Kunstelj, for passing her PhD candidacy exam last month! We congratulate our coworker, Qiu Cheng Chen, who has received a Kharasch Postdoctoral Scholars Travel Award to attend the Inorganic Reactions Mechanisms GRC and present our science in March! We welcome our new coworkers, Ben Masters and Emma Edwards! We celebrate our energy- and discovery-packed year together with a holiday party at Anna’s place. Looking forward to what 2023 will bring.
- October 2022 — We are grateful to the ACS Petroleum Research Fund Doctoral New Investigator program for funding our group’s science! We had a picnic/bonfire at Promontory Point to welcome the new academic year — getting in some of that nice fall sun before the snow arrives (snow hasn’t arrived yet)!
- September 2022 — Anna gives a late-breaking topics talk on our group’s work at the Electrochemistry Gordon Research Conference in Ventura, CA! Anna has been selected to be a Scialog Fellow in Negative Emissions Science.
- August 2022 — We are excited to be a part of the new EFRC, Catalyst Design for Decarbonization Center (CD4DC), led by Laura Gagliardi at UChicago.
- July 2022 — We welcome the new first-year graduate student rotators! We celebrate our group’s first birthday at Anna’s place!
- May 2022 — We congratulate our coworkers who have received awards to support their contributions to our team’s science this summer. Špela Kunstelj has been awarded the Jack Halpern Fellowship and Sarah Kress has been awarded the James Norris Grant. We say farewell to our undergraduate coworker, Rocco Molinelli; thank you for your contributions to the lab!
- March 2022 — We welcome Sarah Kress to the group! Time to schedule that group outing we have all been waiting for! It’s a bit too warm already for ice skating, so bowling it is.
- December 2021 — We have moved into our permanent lab space — a great spot next to Anderson, Hopkins, and Yu Labs in the Gordon Center for Integrative Science. We also have some great views of our neighbors in Molecular Engineering. We welcome Špela Kunstelj to the group!
- November 2021 — We welcome Qiu Cheng Chen to the group!
- October 2021 — Anna’s new perspective piece, The interface is a tunable dimension in electricity-driven organic synthesis, coauthored with F. Dean Toste has been published in Natural Sciences.
- September 2021 — We welcome Deepak Badgurjar and Madison Huynh to the group!
- July 2021 — Hello! We have started a new research group at the University of Chicago! It is time to unpack, organize, and get new science started! We welcome Rocco Molinelli and Charles Zhang to the group!